Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:03 PM
calibergal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie!

Then, I think it will just have to be either yellow or the dark blue. I was secretly hoping for the purple or maybe something like the dark purple they had on the Sebring (I had a Sebring convertible and absolutely loved it!). I'll see what colors they come out with when the introduce the SRT 4 and run with that. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-19-2006, 06:53 PM
HICALIBER

The Solar Yellow was an introductory colour... I don't know if you can still order one, although you may be able to find one on a dealer lot with a little searching... Good luck!! Maybe when the Challenger comes out, the muscle colours will re-appear... Plum Crazy, Lime Light, Panther Pink...

Old 08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
calibergal

I went on to the Dodge website to build my own caliber and you can still get the yellow but at a premium of $150.00. I really think I might go for that so my BF has his Mango and I have my "banana". Just a bunch of fruit loops - Hee hee!

Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 PM
UKCaliberMan

Hi Folks

I had my Caliber for 48 now and am very pleased so far.[8D]

I have the SXT CRD which is great. [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

I ordered on 1st Aug and pick it up on Friday 25th, so not to bad.

The Dealer rang me to say there was good and bad news. The Good news was it had the 6Disc CD - 9 speaker system in it (which I did not Order) but the trunk rubber tray would take a few weeks to come.

As I did not ordered the great stereo system I did not have to pay for it. What a shame.[sm=bling.gif] You can blow your ear drums so very easily.

There has a fare bit of advertising here in the UK and I was surprised to get it so quickly. I think the stereo mix up has something to do with what they shipped over, rather than what was ordered or required. I been reading what you folks have been posting about the factory and delivery problems so I thought it was time to add my comments.

Bristol is quite a big City but I’ve only seen one Caliber around apart from the dealers demo cars.
If you are interested here is the Dealers web site:
http://www.kingsbristol.co.uk/

We have had Chrysler’s and Jeep’s over here for quite a few years so it should be interesting how dodge gets on.

I only done 100 miles so far, but I travel 40+ miles a day to work so the Diesel engine is going to be a big saving in the long term. I had a Suzuki Vitra 1.6 petrol engine before, so more horsepower.

I will add comments and info as it comes along. I getting a bit worried I’m also a big Country Music fan. Has or is this American influence changing me. (help) [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

See you soon.
PS I will post a picture once I find out how to do it.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:29 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

Welcome to the forum UKCaliber

Old 08-27-2006, 03:53 PM
badpenny

So far there are only four colors available for the Caliber SRT4. Check the SRT web site: http://www.drivesrt.com/en/dodge/caliber/index.htm

I don't think the Solar Yellow is available any more either. My dealer got one for me from another dealer.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
UKCaliberMan

ORIGINAL: TUNDRA_schumacher

Welcome to the forum UKCaliber

Many thanks Schumacher.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
StephenM UK

Hi UKCaliberMan

It good to hear that there a few of us UK Caliber Owners about!!

The rubber cargo tray is great, it really does stop all my stuff sliding about!!

My company has a site in Bristol which I visit from time to time, so if you see a Red Caliber blazing about that could be me

I think that the diesels will be far more popular here than petrol - Hopefully you should be getting over 40 MPG

Old 08-29-2006, 06:26 PM
UKCaliberMan

I work in Bath, but I will keep an eye out for you streaking by.

Which engine do you have?

Old 08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
StephenM UK

I have a 2.0L CVT petrol SXT which I just love driving

I've only seen 3 Calibers on the road so far and only 1 since I collected mine. Maybe they'll be more about after the 1st of September??

Are you getting loads of looks as you drive about?

Quick Reply: Newbie!