Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM
UKCaliberMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie!

ORIGINAL: StephenM UK

I have a 2.0L CVT petrol SXT which I just love driving

I've only seen 3 Calibers on the road so far and only 1 since I collected mine. Maybe they'll be more about after the 1st of September??

Are you getting loads of looks as you drive about?

Yes there's been a few heads turning but I've only seen one so far apart from the dealer demo cars.

I sure there will some more about soon. There is a new TV ad on at the moment, so I'm sure Dodge hopes that helps and as you rightly said it the 1st Sept Tomorrow

So far I got 270 miles on Approximately 1/2 a tank. If I get 500 miles out of a full tank that should be about 45 to 50mpg which holds up to the figures of 46mpg for combined driving, which is stated in the Brochure. Even if diesel is a little dearer, its a great saving on my journey to work etc. [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 06:55 PM
StephenM UK

500 miles in a tank and 46mpg That's great and something I could only wish for - my petrol only gets 340 miles on a full tank!!

I'm loving the new advert, it seems to fit the car so well

Old 09-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Horn229

46mpg in a caliber with diesel. wow. I wonder how much a complete conversion to diesel would be.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM
UKCaliberMan

ORIGINAL: Horn229

46mpg in a caliber with diesel. wow. I wonder how much a complete conversion to diesel would be.

Proof will be in the Driving with the 46MPG, I only done half a tank so far and I don't think that you can convert a diesel to petrol.[sm=badidea.gif]

Try a LPG conversion.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Horn229

Well, I did some googling, and it looks like it would be easier to buy a UK caliber, than to do to a petrol to diesel conversion or an engine swap.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:04 PM
DarkHorse

ORIGINAL: Horn229

Well, I did some googling, and it looks like it would be easier to buy a UK caliber, than to do to a petrol to diesel conversion or an engine swap.
Don't know how much LPG is in the US,[sm=americanasmiley.gif] but here in the UK it's under half price of either petrol or diesel. So in terms of cash, a petrol caliber running on LPG would be doing between 60-70 mpg. It's also better for the environment.

I am getting mine done soon, the first year of motoring will pay the conversion cost, and then after that it's cheap motoring![sm=exactly.gif]

Old 09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
UKCaliberMan

I think you can convert Diesel to using cooking oil. [sm=gears.gif]

I'm in the catering trade so I will be able to get the oil quite cheap.

Here's a Info link.

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html

Quick Reply: Newbie!