Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dr Door wont shut after pwr locks engaged

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:59 PM
patakadad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dr Door wont shut after pwr locks engaged

Anyone out there experience this ? If you lock your doors with the power door lock switch or use the RKE to lock the doors before you shut the driver's door (or try to) then the door will not catch. It feels like it does when you try and shut the door and the seat belt is covering the post. It happens on mine but only on the driver's door. Is this unique to mine? or is this a frequent problem for others. If so was there a remedy for this? Haven't seen this mentioned yet on these forums.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Me_also
Rookie
Default RE: Dr Door wont shut after pwr locks engaged

Something wrong, I use the power door lock switch all the time and no problem.
Never tried the key fob before closing the door so I don"t know about that.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

its probably a safety feature so that u dont lock car shut w/out the having the remote in ur hands to unlock it, i.e. shut door push button then walk away, instead of locking it and shutting it and not having the key

Old 09-02-2006, 04:10 AM
Horn229

Hmm, I always open my door, get out then lock the doors from the switch on the door, then close the door. Now if I turn off the engine open the door and press the lock switch nothing happens, now that's a safety feature I like.

Speaking of safety stuff, Ernesto has dropped the temp here, thus decreasing the PSI in my tires, two of my tires just hit 29 PSI, and the car started dinging to let me know. I love this car.

Quick Reply: Dr Door wont shut after pwr locks engaged