Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

US Spec Caliber in Europe... Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:36 PM
bolshoimac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US Spec Caliber in Europe... Radio Question

I've got a US Spec Caliber and live in Germany. I've only had the vehicle for about a week now and was wondering if any of the European Caliber owners can chime in on some info on their radios. I've got the 6-disk changer upgrade and was wondering if anyone knew of any way of getting the FM tuner to work with European frequencies (ie, get it to tune 100.2MHz). Right now, as with most US radios, I can tune 100.1 or 100.3, but the station I listen to most is at 100.2. With our Dodge Neon, I am able to tune it to 100.3 and still pick up the station, however, with the Caliber, apparently the tuner is more discriminating and won't tune the station at 100.2.

Hopefully this question makes sense. I'm hoping that there is some sequence of key presses that can switch it to Euro mode as I've seen some other car stereos that allow for this (aftermarket, can't remember the brand).

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Me_also
Rookie
Default RE: US Spec Caliber in Europe... Radio Question

From the service manual
RADIO
DESCRIPTION
Available radios for this vehicle include:
² AM/FM/cassette/6CD/MP3 (RAK sales code)
² AM/FM/6CD/MP3 (RAQ sales code)
² AM/FM/6CD (RAR sales code) - export only
² AM/FM/CD (REF sales code)
² AM/FM/6CD/MAP/DVD/GPS Navigation (REC sales code) - export only
All factory-installed radios can communicate on the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus network.
COUNTRY CODE AND CABIN EQ SETTING - RAR/REC RADIO ONLY
The RAR and REC radio may require the country code and cabin EQ setting to be set if not programmed correctly.
If battery power is lost to radio, the anti-theft code must be entered before radio will operate.
If the region the vehicle will be driven in uses 10 kHz spacing on the AM band (i.e. 950, 960 etc.), set the Country
Code to “USA”. If the region uses 9 kHz spacing, has LW and MW Bands, and uses RDS (i.e. AF, PTY, TA, etc.),
set the radio for “EUR”. If neither of the previous settings apply, and the vehicle is not being driven in Japan, set the
radio to “ROW”. Vehicles driven in Japan should have the radio set to “JPN”. The following chart list selected country
codes and radio broadcast standards.
To enter the country code and EQ setting, use a scan tool.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:30 PM
bolshoimac
Default RE: US Spec Caliber in Europe... Radio Question

Thanks for the info on the radios... it would appear that I'm out of luck as I probably have the US version versus the export version. Kind of a bummer... in fact, I realized earlier today, and again a testiment to your post, that I also can't tune some of the AM stations over here either because of the 10KHz spacing on my radio...

Again, thanks for taking the time to post the radio info from the Service Manual. Maybe I can find an export version of the radio on the UK or German eBay sites.

Quick Reply: US Spec Caliber in Europe... Radio Question