Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Which Oil Filter to use on 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Stronghold
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Oil Filter to use on 2.0?

Not surprisingly, the people at Walmart were of no help on this one, but my online search for oil filter info has been unsuccessful as well. Any ideas?

Thx,

Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
tupmeier
Rookie
Default RE: Which Oil Filter to use on 2.0?

ORIGINAL: Stronghold

Not surprisingly, the people at Walmart were of no help on this one, but my online search for oil filter info has been unsuccessful as well. Any ideas?

Thx,
the only place where you can get them is at the dealer and they run at about 7 bucks each ,there are no aftermarket yet soory

Old 10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
koolklowm
Rookie

I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they sent me to the dealer because no one has the oil filters yet, but I got my oil change at the dealer for $21 bucks with a coupon. I was happy about that.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 PM
talisman
Veteran

Most times now the dealer will change the oil just as cheaply as the jiffy lubes of the world. They want your business and know jiffy lubes prices so the good ones have already adjusted. The only difference now is usually convenience. The dealer has a hard time doing 30 minute oil changes on a wait basis like jiffly lube ca.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:30 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

If you go to Advanced Auto Parts' website, they have a Purolator oil filter that fits the Dodge Caliber with any size engine.

www.partsamerica.com

You can cross reference it to a Wix Filter, but the filter that comes up is a set in stone part number for the Caliber. Its actually a filter for all of the new GM vehicles.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

If you look at the blue filter that came on the car, it should still have the hyundai part number on it and you may be able to cross it aftermarket that way.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:24 PM
caliberlover07
Professional

I took my car in for its first free oil change took them about an 45 minutes-1 to do. Normally they charge about $36 or $39 something like that. I can do it myself or take it somewhere else for cheaper.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

Ok, the oil filter listed on Parts America's website isn't the correct filter as far as I can see. Its skinnier and longer than the Mopar filter. However, there is now a Wix Filter for the Caliber (also fits the Compass and Patriot).

The Wix Part# is: 57073

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlook...80&TempEngine=

Good Luck finding one though. I went to 3 places in town that carried Wix Filters and they all said they're backed ordered like mad. I guess thats a brand new filter specially made for the New World Engines in the Caliber, Compass, Patriot, '07 Sebring, and '07 Avenger.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Call around and ask. Many dealers are getting wise and starting to compete with the quick oil change places. Mine has a special "lane" to drive into and the longest I've waited is 27 minutes.........just don't go in on Mondays or Fridays..........

Dusty

Old 10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I just bought a Mopar filter. Only I change my oil. I'm not going to trust some dufuss touching my car. I know if I do it, its done right and the nuts and oil filter isn't install so freaking tight you can't get it off without breaking something. Thats happened to our family many times so we just change our own oil. I just gotta change the filter to the new one when I get a chance. The oil is already changed on mine yesterday.

Quick Reply: Which Oil Filter to use on 2.0?