Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Chrysler recalls 62,000 vehicles over brake glitch

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:51 PM
HighSpirit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler recalls 62,000 vehicles over brake glitch

Heard this on the local news and searched for it online. Anyone know the website so I can type in my VIN to see if I am affected?[/align]

December 22, 2006 [/align]Canadian Press

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The Chrysler Group of DaimlerChrysler AG is recalling more than 62,000 new vehicles because of a problem in their brake system computers.
Chrysler said Friday the recall applies to 62,369 model year 2007 Chrysler Sebring, Chrysler 300, Jeep Commander, Jeep Compass, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger and Dodge Caliber vehicles.
Their brake system electronic control units need to be reprogrammed.
"In a small number of vehicles, instrument panel warning lamps may illuminate and be followed by loss of electronic brake distribution, anti-lock brake system, traction control and speedometer functions," the automaker said.
"This could result in a loss of vehicle control under certain operating conditions."
No accidents or injuries have been reported.
Owners will be notified in February, and in the meantime any motorist who sees the warning lamp light up should take the vehicle to a dealer for inspection.
Chrysler also is recalling 6,086 of its new Chrysler Sebring sedans equipped with automatic temperature control, to reprogram the heating and cooling system computer "to correct a potential issue with windshield defrosting."

Old 12-24-2006, 01:59 AM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Default RE: Chrysler recalls 62,000 vehicles over brake glitch

You can go to the Dodge website and put in your VIN and it will tell you of any recalls. But if the recall isn't released yet, you won't know until then.

http://www.dodge.com/owners/index.html

Old 12-26-2006, 10:25 PM
BrianWV

I'm having this problem among other with my wifes Caliber. I guess yet another trip to the dealer is in my future.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:15 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

I just checked DCXs website and the recall hasn't been issued to dealers. I bet you won't see a recall notice until at least March. For some reason the media gets a hold of it long before the dealers do.

Quick Reply: Chrysler recalls 62,000 vehicles over brake glitch