Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 caravan Power locks problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:43 AM
sonny240sx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 caravan Power locks problem

yeah whats up with that, mine just went out last week and i tried following your suggestions by disconnecting the battery and it works. Thanks guys.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
racin90
Rookie

Took mine to the dealer. $45 dollars later and 3 weeks have went by....the locks are working perfect.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
deaconite

this problem happened to me just recently on my 2005 dodge grand caravan.

instead of disconnecting the battery, you can just unplug the IOD fusefor a few seconds (i prefer 30 seconds) and replug the fuse. this procedure will reset the power locks and the radio andclock settings.

in my van, the IOD fuse is in the fuse box located in the engine compartment beside the battery. it is a small 20 Amp fuse... small yellow fuse in my van. refer to the diagram under the cover of the fuse box.

it's just been a few days since i tried this and the power locks are still working fine.

i read this solution somewhere in the internet and i'm glad it works.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
bullheadpond
Rookie

HOpe yopur dealer is better than mine was. I had the same problem with my 2005 caravan, i actually printed the tsb bullitn number off this forum and showed it to the dealer and ganley dodge told me that they couldn't find anytning. they also said that because i diconnected the battery they could not duplicate the problem since it started working again. ( not sh!!!) needless to say a few months later they stopped working again. I hate dealers.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I had this issue with my wife's 05 grand. I kept having to pull the battery and it kept coming back. I've since had the reflash done and it's been solid for a month+. Now the driver's side slider lock is acting up, lol. Anyway, it sounds like the foam is just brushing against the rod...easy home fix.

Note...after getting the reflash done, I have noticed that the instrument cluster has issues with lighting up right away and the gear selector light is slow to show which gear I'm actually in (takes a few seconds to highlight the gear). It kind of freaks one out when it's dark out and you don't have cluster lights and have to put it back in park just to be sure you pulled down far enough for "D" or "R" initially. That issue has only reared its head a couple of times with me, but since I don't drive the van much (or at least I try not to, lol), I don't get the pleasure of having it happen to me. Of course the wife doesn't notice it at all, so it makes troubleshooting a little hard. :/

Quick Reply: 2005 caravan Power locks problem