Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

p0306 caravan 97

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
probus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0306 caravan 97

i have this code on my van.
i do my tune-up about 2 week;spark plug wire,spark plug,rotor,cap rotor,fuel filter.
i take my fuel pressure (50psi was the result),injector pulse time was done to with normal result.
now i dont have idea where to do the next test,some body have aidea?thanks

Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
jubadah
Default RE: p0306 caravan 97

I am assuming this is a 3.0L engine. You did not mention how the vehicle is running. If it is running OK then the code may be left over from before you did your tune-up and needs to be erased. The code P0306 is a misfire on cylinder #6. The next step is to verify if you have spark reaching #6 spark plug. Check the spark plug to make sure the gap didn't get accidently closed during installation or that dirt or grease didn't get jammed in there during installation. If you have spark at #6 plug and the #6 injector has pulse signal, then I would check the#6 injector to make sure it is working. Firstdisconnect the wire connector from the injector and test with Ohm meter to make sure there is continuity between the twotwo spades on the injector.If not then the injector needs to be replaced. If it is OK then you may want toswitch that injector with one from another cylinder to see if the problem follows, i.e. if youswitch the #6 injector with the #1 injector and now you get P0301 codethis would indicate a problem with that particular injector. If the P0306 code still persists,do a compression test on all cylinders to see if #6 has a problem compared to the others, i.e. burnt valve, bad cam, bad rings.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
probus

you have rigth it's a 3.0l
the van have some hesitation only at idle.the plug are ok and the gap to.the code always come on even a erase it.one time i read p0300 and p0302,i clear it and dont see these code again.
if the resistance of the injectoris not in the spec,with the injector flow test i did on it,i was suppose to see if injector was in fault no?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:13 AM
jubadah

I am not quite clear on your situation. You state that you flow tested the injectors or are you referring to the pulse test you did on the injectors? The pulse testing that checked out normal just means that you are getting electrical current to the injectors. You need to find out if the injectors are working. Un plug the wires from the injectors and measure the resitance across the two pins of the injector. It should be about 12 Ohms. If that is OK, then start theengine and unplug one injector at a time. Noteon the tachometer how much the RPM drop. If there is no drop in RPM when you unplug a particular injector then it would indicate that that injector is faulty.
Did you check that spark is getting to the #6 spark plug?
Have you cleaned the Thottle plate and body?

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 AM
probus

Did you check that spark is getting to the #6 spark plug?
Have you cleaned the Thottle plate and body?
yes the gapare #1
yes the tb are cleaned
for the injector i do theinjector balancetest,this test will show me how much psi the injector will give.exemple (44psi before the drop and 18psi after,all my 6 injector have same result)the injector works because i place my stetoscope on it when the van run.she make some cliking noice all 6.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
probus

So afther a long time i still have it. All component off ignition are new and carely ajusted/instaled. Just the ignition coil are the oem one. Fuel and air filter are new.

Do this engine have a knock sensor and if yes where is it? Because on my wirring diagram i dont see nothing.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Curmugeon

Originally Posted by probus
Do this engine have a knock sensor and if yes where is it? Because on my wiring diagram I don't see nothing.
Haynes manual for 1996-2002 Caravan with 3.0L engine specifically says "A knock sensor is not used on the 3.0L V6 engine"

Old 09-16-2008, 03:07 AM
jeremy7835
Default same problem

i have the same identical issue p0306 dodge ram 1500 though i have done everything i changed every thing havnt done the injector it seems fine my prob is only at idle also it runs like a top barely notice the miss on the rpm guage and dont understand it at all the truck runs like new but this stupid code??? if anyone figures this out please email me

Quick Reply: p0306 caravan 97