Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

G. Caravan is still # 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
wildbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G. Caravan is still # 1

Even with a head start the Odyssey wasn't able to stop the Grand Caravan from keeping the title of "Best Selling Minivan." Looks like their sales were pretty good after all!

The Dodge Grand Caravan staged a come-from-behind win in the closing moments of 2007 to retain its long-held crown as the nation's top-selling minivan, surprising onlookers who expected that prize to go to Honda's Alabama-made Odyssey.
More:
http://www.al.com/business/birmingha...xml&coll=2

Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
99Sport33L
Rookie
Default RE: G. Caravan is still # 1

I'd rather get an Odyssey EXL than a new 08 GC which now looks a bit uglier!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM
vlmuke
Professional

we had a 94 that never once had a problem always started ran great ultra dependable took us all across the country and back had over 200,000 miles on it we decided to get an 01 and its quality has went downhill greatlymy sister has had an 00 and 03 caravan and had nothing but problems with both of them they went and bought an Odyssey and love it, ithas Honda's reliblity behind it and that goes a long way I think when Damilier bought them they would have Mercedes quality behind them but apperently thats not the case

Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 PM
next2pool
Professional

"The Dodge Grand Caravan staged a come-from-behind win in the closing moments of 2007 to retain its long-held crown as the nation's top-selling minivan, surprising onlookers who expected that prize to go to Honda's Alabama-made Odyssey."

Being from the Auto Industry, you'd be amazed what a company can and will do inorder to show a sales boost when needed. They will overproduce, shove them down a dealer's throat, even have questionable sales contracts on the books. Don't forget that Chrysler more or less invented to minivan (in the US) and I think we all know that is has lost its lead to others.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
99Sport33L
Rookie

Yeah, the reliability went downhill. My 99 Grand Caravan Sport has had more problems in 1.5 years than 7 years with my 95 Grand Caravan LE.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:18 AM
wildbill
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 99Sport33L

I'd rather get an Odyssey EXL than a new 08 GC which now looks a bit uglier!
Really? I think the Carvan looks better than it has in a few years. They're moving away from the jellybean look and made the front end look more "manly" imo.

I've seen a few complaints about the reliability of older models, but I think they're getting better. It definitely doesn't hurt that the powertrain warranty is LIFETIME and comes standard on the 08's.

Quick Reply: G. Caravan is still # 1