Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
hjlanier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Windshield Wipers

A few weeks ago, while driving in a light rain, I heard a pop and the passenger side windshield wiper stopped working. Due to the holidays, I delayed checking out the problem. Last week, the driver side wiper stopped as well. I can hear the motor run but the wipers will not move. Both have dropped to their stowed position and maybe lower. Is this something that I could repair? If so, what do I need to do?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Windshield Wipers

It sounds like the arms have come loose from the motor.It can be fixed but I've never had this problem so I don't know how they are put together.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
holtzer1
Rookie
Default RE: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Windshield Wipers

you need to remove the wiper arms..15mm wrench, and a good tug.
then remove the wiper cowl, torx screws (dont remember off hand what size.
youll see little plastic sockets that the linkage used to clip into, you can get those at an auto parts store that knows what theyre doing. dont bother going to the dealer, they will tell you that you need to buy the entire wiper assembly. the plastic sockets are replaceable, but a PITA to get in there, theyre cheap..like 2 bucks a piece, buy extras, youll ruin the first one you try to put in at least.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Windshield Wipers