Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

83 caravan 4spd tranny wont shift problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
alienspet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 caravan 4spd tranny wont shift problem

I have a 1983 caravan 3.3 with a 4 spd tranny that wont shift! I have replaced both speed sensors the input and output and no change! ok I'll give you the whole story, the alternator stoped working so I replaced it and still nothing so I sent the alternator in and had it made a one wire . it has gone dead alot of time where the battery has run all the way down . the charging system WORKs like a charm with a light on the dash on code saying charging systemproblem but thisis ok, now the speedo dosnt work and the tranny wonk shift out of 1st thinking it might be in limp home mode from going deadif so please tell me how to reset! could this be, please comment back I need advice!!!!! thank you for your time![&:]

Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts
Default RE: 83 caravan 4spd tranny wont shift problem

You mean you have 1993 with a 3.3 . You need to have a scanner and pull codes out of the transmission control module, and post it.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
alienspet

I should be able to pull the codes with my mt2500 I hope I will try and git back to every one!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:33 PM
alienspet

I called dodge and thay said I have to have a DRB3 which I dont have so I have a budy with a tranny shop and he has one so I sent it to him!

Quick Reply: 83 caravan 4spd tranny wont shift problem