Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

HELP my instrumental cluster stop working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 PM
holtzer1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP my instrumental cluster stop working!

because theres a short in the cluster

Old 02-09-2008, 01:47 PM
webbee
Professional

If it's the intermittent gauge syndrome here are two tutorials that others have posted. It's a simple procedure that takes about two hours to do. Plus you get to go up close and personal with what's behind the plastic covering on your dash!

http://www.ingriddijkers.com/CaravanPics.html

http://photoshow.comcast.net/rlshaull/

Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Robind

Wow I really enjoy the photo show. I didn't know how complicated it was until I saw it in detail. No wonder I take it back to the dealer.
Well I had made a complaint to dodge about what happen as they sent email to me to do a survey. The next day the manager called me. And he agreed that I should not be charged for another diagnois test to be done. So he told me to bring it in today as last week they were to busy. So I took it in this morning and they drove me back home. Said my van should be ready or look at by 4. Well they call me back at 2 this afternoon told me there is a problem with the circuit board and it has to be replaced. I don't understand why they didn't get it right the first time. As in my post before the computer froze up and had to be rebooted. But when I got it home it was doing it intermaintely. At least work most of the time. lol Well the bad news was I wasn't getting my van back today. Luckily my sister in law stop over and took me to the store to get a few things. They said they had to order the part from Chicago. We are in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I should have my van back tomorrow. Also they got it covered from the extended warranty from warrantech. I have no deductible on it either. The sad thing is my 6 yr/100, 000 miles warranty ends June 2008. I only have 54,700 miles on it. But this warranty has really saved me alot of money over the years. I just wish I can continue the warranty on it longer since I don't have many miles on it.
Well I am finally getting it fixed hopefully the right way! And thanks everyone for all the help!
Robin from Wisconsin

Quick Reply: HELP my instrumental cluster stop working!