Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Will they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
LN323
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will they fit?

Man, I've been looking to upgrade my rims on my Grand Caravan for sooooo long. I finally found a set that were being sold on craigslist and had gone through the trouble of even talking my brother into making the exchange since the seller was 200 miles away from me (20 miles away from my brother). They were the 17" alloys from the top model of Grnad Caravans sold from around '96 - '00. Then the guy goes and sells them out from under me. We had even arranged a meeting the next morning and he calls up in the late evening to tell us not to bother. I was ticked.

Anyway, maybe God works in funny ways because the verynext day I found these (I hope the pic shows up)....

They are from an '06 Magnum (at least that is what I am told) and they are 18 x 7.5 inch rims. The offset looks pretty dang good. I'm excited! Can't wait to get them on.

Has anybody else put a set of these on their van?

[IMG]local://upfiles/81164/EDE4AAFC45F74E88979FDE046CCB5EAC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 PM
LN323
Default RE: Will they fit?

GOSH DANG IT ALL!!!!! I just found out from Discount Tires (having gone there looking at tire options for these rims) that these apparently won't work on my Caravan. It appears that Dodge changed the bolt pattern slightly. These are NOT 5 x 4.5 inch bolt patterns (same as 5 x 114.3mm). They are 5 x 115mm and that slight difference makes them not bolt up correctly.

Why somebody at Dodge decided to create a entirely new bolt pattern is beyond me. I'm guessing it's new because I have never ever come across this bolt pattern before.

I guess I'd better see if someone with a new Charger or Magnum wants a set of snow rims.... LOL

Old 02-17-2008, 02:33 AM
LN323

Picked them up from my brother's place this morning. Thought about whether they will fit or not for the 200 mile trip home. I'm excited. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Gonna try to put one on tomorrow and torque it down. I'll let you guys know later.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:57 AM
LN323

They fit! They fit! Woot!!!! Looks awesome! Can't wait to get tires. Gonna have the best lookin' GC around my area! LOL

Now to work on getting my new exhaust and lowering the GC. Oh yeah!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:03 AM
dishdude2k
Captain

how the hell u gonna ghetto out the grocery getter?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
watchout

C'MON where's the PICS[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 02-21-2008, 12:17 PM
LN323

LOL..... Not worth taking any pics yet. The van is filthy from dealing with the winter months. I'll probably take some before and after pics eventually. As for pimpin' da van..... I already had the front two windows tinted to cut down on the heat in the front during the summer. I was tired of baking in the front, cranking the A/C and having the kids complain about it being too cold in the back. With the front (side) windows tinted (and using the front windshield shade when the rig is parked) temperature differences are much more even.

The next four mods are going to be the wheels and tires, bigger subwoofer, lowering the van and better exhaust system. I was already at Discount Tire and checked out the BFGoodrich tires that I want (235/50-18) http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/sea...35&ar=50&rd=18

I'm debating on getting the Eibach lowering kit because they say that it won't work for the GC. There's nothing else available, so I might buy it and check out what custom modding I might have to do to make it work.

As for the exhaust, well..... you'll just have to wait and see.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
LN323

Got them on! They fit! I love the looks now. Holy moly. Best looking GC in the neighborhood.

Pictures soon, promise!

I also bought a lowering kit as well as stopped into the muffler shop to scope out options. WOOT!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:53 PM
LN323
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 PM
LN323

Quick update..... I like the way the GC drives now. Turning is much more responsive and precise. When I turn the steering wheel I can definitely feel less "slop", not that it was bad to begin with, but.... The GC also rides flatter through turns Of course, it's not race car nor am I trying to make it one nor do I drive it like one, LOL.... Regardless, it drives sportier and more nimble instead of like a big clunky vehicle. I love it. I eagerly await to change out some of the rubber pieces with polyurethane to tighten more of the suspension up. As stated earlier. I also bought a lowering kit for it which I can't wait to get on. I'm sure that will help the handling and the appearance. I also am ready to change out part of my exhaust system which I'll post on another thread. I also changed out my K&N air filter which I want to get rid of, so I'll post another "for sale" thread for that too.

I seem to be having pretty good luck right now with my GC. I am surprised at how many threads are being posted for problems. I feel lucky.