Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need some help rather urgently please

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:35 PM
PatVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help rather urgently please

I need a bit of assitance please, my 2002 Grand Caravan made a rather loud clunk noise from the front passenger side when I made a sharp right turn today. This is the second time I have noticed this in about a week. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? I am very dependant on my vehicle for work but am uneasy about taking it on highway tomorrow. Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:42 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: Need some help rather urgently please

could be a number of things.. could be a cv axle on the joint binding up.. could be ball joints.. could be brakes.. theres no telling w/o more info.. does it pull any which way? does it grab when you press the brakes.. does it give out a click when turning either way.. roll down the windows turn everything that makes noise off.. and drive it and listen.. need to have someone raise the front end up where tires are not toutching anything.. and shake tires up and down.. and in and out.. it shouldnt move much at all..

Old 02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
TJeepman
Professional
Default RE: Need some help rather urgently please

A clunking noise, as if the front end were going to fall off at times, could be from the Passenger's side sway bar bushing (ususlly the more troublesome of the two, the right side taking more punishment in use than the left side). A $6.00 item (bushing) and once you know what you are doing, a 15 minute job, using ramps and a socket wrench. Noise (loose metal bracket against metal chasis) will occur when going over rough surfaces. Probably preceded by a squeaking noise a couple of month's back.
If the clunking only happens when turning, then perhaps an the inner CV joint is worn out

Quick Reply: Need some help rather urgently please