Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2004 Caravan spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:21 AM
samtheman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Caravan spark plugs

I need to change the spark plugs on 2004 Dodge Caravan, 3.3 engine. Does anyone have anyeasy way to get to the rear plugs? Thanks

Old 02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Default RE: 2004 Caravan spark plugs

pull the motor lol on my 01 I changed them from below kinda of a pain thought

Old 02-14-2008, 12:38 PM
TJeepman
Professional
Default RE: 2004 Caravan spark plugs

From the top and by feel, using a mirror to get some visual contact, similar to what you would do to replace the plug wires there. A swivel head socket wrench helps, so they say. I have never done it on the 4th Generation Caravan, but I have replaced the plug wires. Once you get your hand back there, through the restricted access, there is a fair amount of room. I would recommend:
- Getting some air back there to blow out the dirt. Use a rubber hose or something to help direct the pressurized air. If you are a trumpet player, perhaps you can just blow through a hose (garden hose size)- used to do that years ago before I got my air tank.
- use some anti-seize compound on the spark plug threads before replacing.
- as to the torque required (13 ft.-lbs), you might have to "judge" this unless your wrench is small enough to work in the space.
The Haynes Manual covers the process pretty well.

Quick Reply: 2004 Caravan spark plugs