Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

caravan Oil pan plug??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 PM
2000caravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caravan Oil pan plug??

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and I have been trying to find answers on google for quite some time now, but to no avail. I have a 2000 Caravan 4cyl. Last fall the van "bottomed-out" and the only thing that was really damaged was the oil plan plug. It is the type that has a tab to unscrew it and the tab bent and sent the plug askew. Anyway, it seems to be attached to a chain or something inside the oil pan. I would like to replace the plug, but I don't know what will happen if I continue to unscrew the plug all the way out. In other words, what is on the receiving end inside the pan? I have also not been successful in finding a replacement plug online either, then I could at least see what the plug looks like. Any help would be great...

Old 02-18-2008, 06:07 PM
TJeepman
Professional
Default RE: caravan Oil pan plug??

Should be no attachment to the inside that I know of. Perhaps you have an aftermarket magnetic oil plug such as found at the following site:
http://search.ebay.ca/magnetic-oil-p...cQ20oilQ20plug

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The drain does not have anything on the end of it. Take the plug out. worst case is a new pan or new drain plug and gasket.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
bozzoswald

you have a replacement plug in there because you threads are stripped you will need to replace the pan

Quick Reply: caravan Oil pan plug??