Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Back drivers side wheel locked up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 PM
wenzech1217
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back drivers side wheel locked up...

My back drivers side wheel locked up without any warning. I don't think that it is the bearings, I have had bearings go bad in another vehicle. Is it possible that it was my brakes? It is like 10 degrees where I live right now. We tried rocking the van back and forth to break lose. It will go forward like five inches lock up go backwards like five inches lock up. Please help if you can!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back drivers side wheel locked up...

sounds like some of the brake hardware has come loose and is wedged in there somewhere if possible take the drum off and take alook see depending on what it is temparily remove the part if possible and move it to the garage where you can repair it
when doing the repairs make sure that the backing plate isn't damaged or bent

Old 02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Back drivers side wheel locked up...

There is TSB 05-001-06 that will your problem. It has to with replacing the backing plate, drums and brake shoes. Because of water or snow getting inside the drums. If you would like a copy of the TSB just drop an pm. Leonard

Quick Reply: Back drivers side wheel locked up...