Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Headlight assistance please

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
PatVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight assistance please

Hoping someone can help. I have a 2002 Grand caravan. Both front headlights work either running or highbeam, but theright one does not when you turn the normal lights on. I have changed the bulb and no resolution. I even checked the spare bulb on the other side and the original and they both work fine. Any suggestions on what to check next? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight assistance please

someone else posted the question a couple of days ago there is a module that either needs to be reset or replaced I believe the solution was to unhook the bettery for 15 minutes to reset the module

Old 03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Headlight assistance please

You have a problem with the front control module or the integrated power module. #1 in the pic below is the front control module. Try unpluging it and make sure that there is no grime in the terminals. We had a van with this same problem a few weeks ago and the integrated power module(fusebox) was bad. But I had another van with this same problem and the front control module was bad. No real good way to tell which is bad....You can also reset the modules by unhooking BOTH battery cables, wait 5 minutes and then touch the battery cables together for a few seconds(make sure they are NOT hooked to the battery). The van may run like crap for a few minutes after you hook it all back up until the pcm relearns its parameters....Call me if you are unsure of these directions.....DAVID

Quick Reply: Headlight assistance please