Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

fyi a problem and a fix

Old 03-10-2008, 07:37 PM
noregrets
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fyi a problem and a fix

I wanted to share this one incase any of you encounter this problem. My bff's caravan would sputter going down the road like it was running out of gas. The computer said the ignition coil was going bad. They replaced it and encountered the same problem a few months later, so they replaced it again. Same problem the next day. The van would cut off and you would have to sit until it felt like cranking again. Dodge dealership couldn't find the problem and said rebuild the computer. After the computer came back (the computer place through Carquest said the ignition section of the computer was indeed bad) the problem continued after a couple of months. No matter what they replaced they continued to have this problem. Then, for whatever reason, my husband and I recalled test driving a caravan that would shut down the radio, ac, etc., while going down the road even though the engine would continue to run. You would have to shake the key for it to act right. My bff said yes, that during one of these episodes she could shake the key and it would recrank and run right for the rest of the day. We finally replaced the ignition switch itself and problem solved. Unfortunately by that time her husband was fed up and didn't want a dodge in the yard and made her sell it, but I figure I would pass this along incase anyone else experiences a similar problem.

Ang

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fyi a problem and a fix