Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

help with a 92 caravan. cut out while on the move.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:25 PM
GNMN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with a 92 caravan. cut out while on the move.

Good morning people.. I am having trouble with a 92 caravan and have taken the following steps to determine the problem. The situation is that the vehicle was moving when it suddenly stalled and cut out. I have a matco scanner and tried to retrieve the code history off the diagnostic connector on the driver side fender and its not communicating with the computer. I haven’t used the dash to retrieve the codes because I don’t know theirs compression in the pistons. Theirs also spark in the coil pack, and theirs gas getting to the fuel rail.any help or advice would be appreciated..

Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: help with a 92 caravan. cut out while on the move.

Do you have a 2.5, 3.0,3.3, or a 3.8 engine? The blue connector under the dash is for the 4 speed auto trans and abs.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:55 PM
GNMN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help with a 92 caravan. cut out while on the move.

i checked the diagnostic connector under the hood by the driver side fender. and the engine is a 3.3. also does the MAP sensor have anything to do with the car starting?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with a 92 caravan. cut out while on the move.