Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

07 Caravan option add ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:14 AM
kramer51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Caravan option add ons

Hi
I was wondering if options can be added on to my van after the fact. Such as overhead console with homelink and compass, power sliding doors and power back hatch. If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. I just had my dash remolded to fit a double din nav in it with a tv in the ceiling, but want to give it the rest of the options, something I should of done when I bought it but couldnt pass on the deal.

Thanks
Mike

Old 03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
kramer51
Default RE: 07 Caravan option add ons

Does anyone know the part # for the overhead console, gray with compass and garage openers for an 07. Not the rail system one though

Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
tazman444
Rookie
Default RE: 07 Caravan option add ons

You will need to change alot of parts to add the power liftgate and make the sliders power. The lower track on both sliding doors have to be changed as well as the schlepp cable that provides the power. The lower roller arms and mouning brackets also need to be changed. There is a different wiring harness and motor assembly that goes inside both sliding doors. There is also a different wiring harness coming down both 'B' posts. For the liftgate you need to change the trim panel on the liftgate around the glass. The new panel will have a hole for the bolt from the power liftgate motor arm to attach to. The left 'D' pillar also needs to swapped out for the new panel. The wire for the motor should be taped to the wire hareness next to the 1/4 glass motor. Change the overhead console module to the proper unit and reprogam your BCM to acknowledge all the changes.

Quick Reply: 07 Caravan option add ons