Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

rear washer and coolant problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:53 PM
leone_J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear washer and coolant problem

I have two problems with my 2005 Grand caravan.
1. My rear washer fluid does not come out. Took it to the dealer. They said there must be a clog and that they could take the whole dang van apart to find the problem if I wanted to pay for it, which I really didn't. Is there anything else I can do?
2. I am losing collant somewhere. Dealer pressurized the system and said there is no leak. End of story for them. Obviously if I am having to add coolant there is a problem somewhere. The engine doesn't overheat at all, I just have no heat until I add coolant. Thermostat has been replaced as well. Any suggestions?
3. If anyone knows the best dealer to get things repaired in the Greater Cincinnati area, please let me know. I am still under warrenty.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear washer and coolant problem

first thing I would do is check the nozzle for clogs you can use a pin or a really small drill bit then if you have access to air compressor try blowing the line out at the by disconnecting out from the tank don't use 80 psi or you will blow out the hose just sart out with a few psi and go no more then maybe ten see if that helps also check your tank when you pull the hose see if you get anything out of it
a pressure check should rule out any leaks even a bad head gasket a home brew way of checking for coolant leak is to place carboard underneath the engine and see where its coming from do you have to add coolant often? since you had the thermostat replaced could it have been inproperly filled when that happened? as I have seen that happen on many occasions I have also seen coolant leak from the weep hole in the water pump but passed the pressure test usually when the weep hole it only occurs with the engine running and if they didn't have the engine running with the pressure test it might not show up
As far as good dealer I don't know anymore but back in 83 when I lived there Castruci and Jake Sweeney my folks had good luck with, the bad thing about dealers a lot of times it will all depend on the Tech working on the car

Quick Reply: rear washer and coolant problem