Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

replacing o2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM
mlhrosdahl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing o2 sensor

OK I'm new here and just wondering if there is anybody who can help me. The o2 sensor went bad in my 97 caravan and I was just wondering how hard it is to replace and what exactly I have to do. ( I want to surprise my husband with being able to fix my own vehicle)

Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: replacing o2 sensor

Read this article: How to replace oxygen sensor

Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie

Overall it is not hard toreplace. What is important is to knowwhich 02 sensor went bad. There is one located directly behind the engine and on directly behind the catalyst converter.

The cost is about $70 but be aware that need a large socket that will fit the sensor.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
mlhrosdahl

ok thanks for the info. It was the one directly behind the engine. My dainty little arms helped me get in there. I have just one more question. My van has been getting around 20 mpg lately.Could this have been the reason why or do I need to get it checked out for any other possible problems? again thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: replacing o2 sensor