Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
ALSAMP
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

We have a 2004 grand caravan 3.3 with 52000 on it, the engine light came on and we took it to autozone where they said it coded as a emissions system malfunction. we where told to try a new gas cap, we did but it came back on. it doesnt run any different when the light comes on. when i reset it it goes about 4 or 5 days before it comes back on. any suggestions what to check?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
marielepp
Default RE: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

HI I have a 2001 and almost the same amount of miles, my check engine light came on. Itended up being the o2 censor. Also I don't know if you know this, butthere is a 7 year/70,000 mile emissions warranty onyour vehicle so check your a manual and see whatscovered!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
deezozdodge
Professional
Default RE: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

Depends on the code reading. If the code reading is p0440/0441, perhaps it is the evap pump either near the canister or firewall. If the reading points to an o2 sensor, change it... If you are not sure, take it to the dealer and have it diagnost. It is better to spend the money to find out the exact cause than trying to replace parts that are not really relevant to the problem...

Quick Reply: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT