Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

NOISY 94 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN FRONT END NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
clickmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOISY 94 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN FRONT END NOISE

I hope that you guys can help me out with my problem.

I have a 94 Dodge Grand Caravan that I drove a little too far before doing the front brakes. After the brakes were done, I noticed a continuous noise comming from the front end when the car is rolling and is above 15mph.

At first I thought that the noise was comming from a bad hub assembly but that was replaced a year or so ago and I don't put many miles on the van.
I checked the hub aassembly and everything is tight and I cannot see anything that is out of the ordinary when I pulled the wheel and looked over the brakes and all of the steering suspension.

THIS CONSTANT NOISE IS DRIVING ME NUTZ!!!!![:-]

Somebody please give me an idea about how to solve this. The van runs perfectly except for this issue!!!

Thanx[/align]

Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NOISY 94 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN FRONT END NOISE

Wish I could be of help that's strange. You will probably have to get it to a dealer or mechanic so they can diagnose the problem.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:35 PM
HemiMan02
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NOISY 94 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN FRONT END NOISE

It sounds like a wheel bearing to me but you didnt describe the type of noise....is it a rubbing noise? a clunk noise, growl? Does the noise change when you put weight on one side of the vehicle (swerving back and forth). Not all bad wheel bearings show looseness. If you have a stehoscope you can jack up the car and put it on jack stands and listen for the noise with the wheels turning. (If you don't have a stehoscope you can use a long screwdriver with the metal end on the hub and the other against your ear.)becareful not to get your head to close. You can listen to the rear doing the same thing but someone will have to spin the wheels for you. The louder the noise is the worse the bearing is. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: NOISY 94 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN FRONT END NOISE