Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

02 3.3 TRANSMISSION GRIEF

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
KEVIN_A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 3.3 TRANSMISSION GRIEF

I had a leak by the transmission control module (solinoid) I bought a new solinoid TCM and replaced it. About 3 weeks later it would go into limp mode (2nd) but it did not set off check engine light. Then if you shut it off and restart it everything is normal. Now it went into limp mode and the engine light came on and it is throwing codes p0700, p0725, and p0841 and will not let me reset it out of limp mode. Any ideas what this might be?????

Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
KEVIN_A
Default RE: 02 3.3 TRANSMISSION GRIEF

Update; found out after some looking around and talking to my Dodge dealer that the transmission control unit is shot and the p0841 was this thing being messed up inside and throwing false codes (p0841 is very rare). The unit is cracked around the seams and the housing is even falling/flaking off in chunks it is so corroded (nice spot for one of these things) Has anybody replaced one of these and how much did it cost for the unit??

Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

KEVIN_A

I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking. But are youasking about trans case or the solenoid pack??? Or maybe the TCM? I am a dodge trans tech so send me an PM if you want.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:33 AM
KEVIN_A

so nobody has had to buy one of these yet?? they might be called a ECM or a TCM they are located behind the inner fender (drivers side) right behind where the fog light is ??

Quick Reply: 02 3.3 TRANSMISSION GRIEF