Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

FWD with ESB - How good is it

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
quietas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FWD with ESB - How good is it

I've been looking at the new 08 Grand Caravan's and have a couple questions. Specifcally we are looking at the SXT 28N version. Pretty much loaded 4.0L, MyGIG upgrade, Tow Package, Leather, and whatnot.

1). Is the MyGIG navigation upgrade worth it?

2). Is there a 3rd party replacement that would do more, look better, cost less or similar?

3). I've always driven trucks with 4WD or a single smaller car with AWD. How does the SXT handle snow with it's FWD and does the ESC system help here at all?

4). I know they have the tow package and I'm plannin to get it, but realisticly what sort of weight can it tow at highway miles? I plan on a pair of snowmachines (snowmobiles for non-Alaskans down south) or a pair of 4 wheelers (atvs?) on a 2 spot trailer. Also a small popup camper would not be out of the question if it is possible. I read 3600 which seems decent.

I guess that's it for now, I'll add if I think of anything else. Oh, and hello all.

Quick Reply: FWD with ESB - How good is it