Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

my van won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:05 PM
miserablecarowner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my van won't start

I have a 1996 dodge caravan 3.0/v6 engine and I toggled the starter switch to get the code but I have no clue what it mean's. Any help would be GREATLY APPERICATED the service engine soon light blinked like this: BLINK pause BLINK BLINK pause BLINK BLINK BLINK BLINK BLINK pause BLINK BLINK BLINK BLINK BLINK. Thanx 4 any input in advance.....

Old 05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
freekie
Default RE: my van won't start

12 is start of scan 55 is end so nothing there.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:06 PM
miserablecarowner
Default RE: my van won't start

ORIGINAL: freekie

12 is start of scan 55 is end so nothing there.
well that sux!

I had the valve gaskets changed and about 3 week later the thing wouldn't start... It cranks over, It has spark, fuel pump works, timing belt is fine....
Someone told me how to get the code without buying the detector, and i am at a loss of what to do next. I am a woman who feels I have already been taken advantage of because the shop that did the gaskets was supposed to check the vehicle and tell me what needed to be fixed, and for me to pay them to fix everything they had suggested ($2.500+) just to have it not start 3 weeks later is a drag....
You can't trust any car repair shop these days.

Thanx 4 the reply......Sorry to vent.....

Quick Reply: my van won't start