Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Bad strut mount??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:39 PM
JoeC1981
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad strut mount??

We just got back from TN and on the way there I heard/felt a noise comming from the driver side. It only happened when the wheel was turned right and then slight left passed on center. When we got there I got under the van had had some one turn the wheel. The coil sping almost seemed to bind and then move. I'm thinking its the strut mount, but i want to see what you guys think. Also, can i just replace this one mount, or should I replace the passenger side also? Oh 2005 GC SXT 59kmi. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM
dodgetek78
Default RE: Bad strut mount??

Sounds like your headed in the right direction. You might also take a look at the sway bar end links. Those are common culprits to noise problems.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 AM
JoeC1981
Professional
Default RE: Bad strut mount??

Thanks for the reply. The links were the first thing I looked at, and were solid as new (i was kinda surprised). I grabbed around the tie rod and balljoint and felt nothing. When I touched the spring i felt it right away and saw it "spring" back. I'll change the mount when i get the Rack and pinion which also needs to be changed thanks to a slow leak.

Quick Reply: Bad strut mount??