Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Vibaration

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
nob170
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibaration

Hi everyone i a newbe here i have a 2001 grand caravan with an auto box and a 3.3 engine and a very bad vibration at about 50 to 60 mph,pass 60 it smooths out
i've had new tyres fitted and balanced,ball joints and supension checked all OK and still this vibration its driving me around the f'in twist.
apart from this i have to say this is the most comfortable car i have ever owned i'm hoping that in this font of knowlege somebody might have an answer
i await in hope
Regards
Nobby

Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 PM
deezozdodge
Professional
Default RE: Vibaration

wheel bearings perhaps?

Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 AM
nob170

we have checked the wheel bearings they are OK,normally a wheel bearing will rumble when worn out rather than vibrate.
thanks for your inputany body else have any ideas?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 AM
deezozdodge
Professional

Yeah, I'm getting vibration after hitting an island curve. Vibration starts during right curves on the freeway @ 65 +. I'm thinking ball joint or cv now. Other than what I've mentioned, I don't have a clue with your situation, sorry.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 AM
tazman444
Rookie

Did you check the rims for any damage? Your alignment could also be way out if you haven't looked into that yet.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:04 AM
deezozdodge
Professional

I'll check for damages on Saturday. As far as the wheel alignment, I'm not sure if that is the problem although it could be. My vehicle doesn't pull to one side. Possible causes could be:

Ball joint
cvjoint
wheel hub bearings
tie rod ends

As for *** 170, I wonder if he found his problem. Another possible cause could be tie rod ends.

I will play doctor on Sat and see if I can find anything. If I do find anything, I will post it here for others who may have the same problem...

Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
nob170

Sorry i havn't posted for a couple of weeks been away,we havn't tried the tie rod ends but the rims are ok

Old 07-17-2008, 06:19 PM
deezozdodge
Professional

I solved my vibration problem. I jacked both sides of the front and wiggled the tires up and down (no play, good) and side to side (found play, no good). I peeked and poked until I saw where the freeplay was coming from - the inner tie rod. The inner tie rod bushings was all chewed up. I went to auto parts store and purchased inner tie rod bushings (you can search your online autoparts stores). A $15.00 part and fix...[sm=smiley20.gif] You will have to remove the air cleaner assembly and may need your buddy next door [sm=icon_cheers.gif]as an Igor, to shimmy the tires and get the bolts in place...

Quick Reply: Vibaration