Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Caravan questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Big Jim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Caravan questions

Hello, first time posting! I have a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. The plastic rear bumber has a large (almost basketball size) dent on the passenger side rear corner (wife hit a rock backing up). Can the plastic be "popped" back out or what is the procedure to fix this? I was thinking of removing the bumper to see if I can push it out from the rear.
Also for this same van, the headlight lenses/covers are really faded; is there a way to make them clear again or should I get replacements?
Thanks,
Jim

Old 07-07-2008, 04:07 AM
caravan77
Default RE: 2000 Caravan questions

Greetings Jim,

Yes, the bumper can be reshaped and a rubber mallet may be useful.

The headlight lenses can be restored clear with Novus polish:

http://www.novuspolish.com/

Novus polish is available via on line ordering and at the west coast locations ofTap Plastics:

http://www.tapplastics.com/

Ned
http://www.home-machine-shop.com

ORIGINAL: Big Jim

Hello, first time posting! I have a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. The plastic rear bumber has a large (almost basketball size) dent on the passenger side rear corner (wife hit a rock backing up). Can the plastic be "popped" back out or what is the procedure to fix this? I was thinking of removing the bumper to see if I can push it out from the rear.
Also for this same van, the headlight lenses/covers are really faded; is there a way to make them clear again or should I get replacements?
Thanks,
Jim

Old 07-07-2008, 06:00 AM
deezozdodge
Professional

ditto, from last persons reply... you can purchase polish at auto parts store...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
tazman444
Rookie

I don't recommend the mallet repair. Try using a heat gun on the inside and push it out slowly so you don't crack the paint worse or thebumper (fascia). I've been able to push most out with just my hand while still on the van. We have 17 minivans in the family and alot of bed drivers, myself excluded.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
ivrytklr53

I have a 2006 with the same problem. What is the procedure for removing the bumper?

Quick Reply: 2000 Caravan questions