Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Caravan Water Trapped in Side Door

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:38 AM
don_Celso
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Caravan Water Trapped in Side Door

Has anyone else seen a problem with water being trapped in the side door? My doors are automatic, so I just noticed that there is a significant amount of water in my drivers side sliding door (1/2 gallon or more). I am taking it in next week to have it looked at. We have not had unusual rain or washing, so water exposure is not extreme. Bought the van 10/07, have had to upgrade the software to make the doors close automatically, and have no AC voltage on the Inverter output for the game console in the middle. Other than that it has been a great van.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
deezozdodge
Professional
Default RE: 2008 Caravan Water Trapped in Side Door

Is the water antifreeze or plane water? If it is plane water, could be A/C evaporator. That is the only plane water that I know of...

Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Caravan Water Trapped in Side Door

Do you have a sunroof? If you do have a sunroofmaybe the drain tube is off at the B-Pillar, causing water to run down into the sliding door area.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
don_Celso
Default Water in Door Problem 2008 GC

There is No Sunroof and it is Plain Water.

The automatic side sliding doors have two drain holes apparently. One toward the front and one toward the rear. They are not that large. I got under the door and noticed a slight drip from the areas.

There was a clear piece of mylar tape about 1.5 in square with a slit in it over the small hole where the water was dripping.

I pulled the tape off and the water came running out of these holes. About 1 - 1.5 gallons I would estimate.

My only concern now, is what electronics inside the door were exposed?

What damage could water inside the door have caused?

How does the door panel get removed to view and dry the door out.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:51 AM
vwomein
Professional

I don't know what's the deal with that tape over the drain holes. The holes are there for a reason.....to let water drain out, then they put tape over almost the entire hole. IT ends up where even the smallest little piece of leaf or anything will clog the drain. My van has the same thing on my doors. I pulled the tape off of the drains.

Quick Reply: 2008 Caravan Water Trapped in Side Door