Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Trouble starting

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
quicksilvas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble starting

I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 3.3l V6 that overheated a couple of months ago and shut off at the same time. Go figure, overheating in Phoenix. I finally got around to fixing it and found a hole in the radiator.

I replaced the radiator, water pump and thermostat to make sure the basics were covered while I had the front end off. The van started, but then quit and would not fire up for 2 days. It fired up again last night, but I had to keep the gas pedal down so it wouldn't die. It quit again and won't start now. Any thoughts on an easy way to fire it up? Also any ideas as to why it won't start or idle once started? Thanks.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:27 AM
quicksilvas

It just fired up again, but seems to be running extremely rich by the smell. I believe that is why when it dies it won't start again. How do I check if it is running to rich?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
RamblinVan

My 96 Dodge Caravan is doing the same thing. Just wondering if you had any luck...

Quick Reply: Trouble starting