Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1999 Paint Code Missing In Action? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
John Connor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 1999 Paint Code Missing In Action? HELP!

Hello, I drive a 1999 Caravan (15th Anniversary Platinum Series). I have a little bit of rust starting around the gas cap so I thought I'd get one of those touch-up paint tubes since it's only a small spot. I called the Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep store near my home in eastern Canada and gave the man my paint code which is located on the driver's side door, #9081. The man said that wasn't a Chrysler paint code and I told him that it was, it's off a 1999 Caravan. He then said, "Oh, it must be one of those anniversary or special editions right?" I said that it was and he said that Dodge/Chrysler doesn't carry the paint for the anniversary series or special editions. He told me to try CMAX or another automotive paint store and that they could try to match it up the best they can.

Why is there even a paint code for this model if Dodge does not even have support for it? So apparently the special editions aren't so special after all. I even had a hard time finding out what type of engine this model had, turns out after an hour on google that it's a 3.0L Mitsubishi. The only other thing I can think of is the next time I see somebody driving a 1999 silver non-platinum series, that I could stop and ask them for their code which probably starts with an 'AY' or something and order the paint tube for that. This is very confusing to me, any suggestions?

Thanks

JC

Old 10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Have the dealer run a function 14, That will give everything the van came with.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:36 AM
FRASER-VAN
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Function 14 and paint codes

I have exactly same problem .. door says 9081 but no paint at CTC . I did get a very close match Chrysler silver.

What is function 14? Do you mean via telephone he will give that to me?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a report dealers can run that tells all the options your vehicle came with. If you would like to PM me the last nine digits of your vin and the mileage, I can give you the Chrysler paint code.

Quick Reply: 1999 Paint Code Missing In Action? HELP!