Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

06 power liftgate won’t close _manually_

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
ghlkal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 06 power liftgate won’t close _manually_

(In searching, I couldn’t find this problem)

When it’s cold (usually below 20*F), the liftgate won’t close manually. I can push it down to within 4-6” of closing and then it binds up. The liftgate will close using the motor. (It always opens fine either manually or with the motor).

Under warranty, the dealer replaced the actuator (p/n 5019038AA), but the problem stills persists. Unfortunately, when I returned to the dealer, I couldn’t reproduced the problem (likely because things have warmed up on the trip).

Anyone have any suggestions for what might be wrong?

I don’t have a diagram or know the theory of operation for the power liftgate, so I can’t speculate.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
ghlkal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a follow up…

It’s been below 0* this week, so my dealer was able to reproduce the problem :-)

The plastic gears were binding in the motor assembly, so the “Power Liftgate Housing Assembly” (p/n 5096296AC) was replaced.

We'll see if it continues to work ...

I’d still like to see a diagram of the components in the liftgate … anybody have anything?

Quick Reply: 06 power liftgate won’t close _manually_