Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Heating problem 98 Caravan Sport 3.3L

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
getochkn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating problem 98 Caravan Sport 3.3L

So about 6 months ago my heater/ac would only work on high. From reading that's usually the resistor block. Then last week I got no blowing at all. I had to bring it in to get the front end looked at and had them look at the heating. They said the blower motor is completly seized and thats why it wasn't working on lower levels, took a full 12v to get it going at all. Now that its not working, It seems that the circulation button/ac button will turn on even if the unit is completly off. Some other reading said that was a relay. I checked the fuse, fine, swapped the relay with another one (one for the horn I think, they looked the same) horn works, both buttons still work, switched the relays back, horn still works, fans don't, both buttons don. Could a dead motor cause all these problems? What else should I be looking at replacing. I trust the place I brought it to and they said they tested the motor and its seized right up, so I have a new motor to put in along with my tierods. Just wondering if that could cause all the problems or should I just be ready to replace the resistor block and relay as well. I'm having a friend do all the work for me, and we're going to a rent-a-bay place so I don't want to be wasting time having to run out and get stuff when we're paying for the bay by the hour. Where are abouts are the wires for blower motor. I could try and get at them and hook up the new motor I got just to test and see if it works before the weekend when we goto the garage so I can see if its the motor and if the new motor works. Pictures would help. I'm good with electronic electrical so I'm not worried about that, just never done much car work, so I don't know where anything is.

Quick Reply: Heating problem 98 Caravan Sport 3.3L