Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

instrument panel lights flashing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM
bdunegan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instrument panel lights flashing!!!

have a 97 caravan that battery went bad on. tried to start it, and nothing. then started whining from under dash. put in new battery and starts right up, however ac switch, rear defroster switch, and air recirculate switch do not work. rear wiper and rear intermittent wiper switch works but the light on these two is constantly blinking on and off. blinking dont bother me, but i would like everything else to work like it did before batt went bad. is this possibly a relay, or something gone bad, or is there some kind of programming to do to reset them? these controls are in an "L" pattern and the two blinking are very top two. any help is appreciated!!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
imaworkinonit

I have the exact same problem (AAA replaced the battery yesterday). I have the two top lights flashing plus the two right lights flashing (the air recirculation and a/c buttons). Everything seems to work, but I don't trust it since the battery died with ZERO warning when I was parked for only about 30 minutes at the store. Wondering if there is an electrical problem. I checked the alternator and it's fine. 98 caravan.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
imaworkinonit
Default try this?

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl667i.htm

Hey, I found this diagnostic and tried it. Only two buttons are still flashing, the recirculation and the a/c. Maybe I actually have an A/C problem. I kind of doubt it, though.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 AM
wendyellson
Default Insturment cluster panel light flashing

My 97 Dodge grand caravan was doing the same thing and found that this has worked for now to fix the flashing light but for how long not sure. LOL
If it isnt one thig it is another lately on my van. I do know that the first time that I did the test it failed because the system was cold and had moisture so be sure that you have it warm before you do the test. Hope this helps you all out there in Dodge WORLD!

CALIBRATION/DIAGNOSTICS TEST ENTRY
TO INITIATE TESTS:

Turn key to on position but dont start
Set Blower motor ON HIGH
Set Mode position to Panel
Open all A/C outlets
Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)
Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds

NOTE: Prior to start of test, If the evaporator is already cold, the system will fail test. To correct, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test.

RESULTS:
All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds
Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has failed.
CALIBRATION DIAGNOSTICS AND COOLDOWN ABORT
Test can be aborted by doing one of the following:

Depressing Rear Window Defogger, RECIRC and Rear Wiper buttons.
Cycling Ignition OFF and then ON.
Control will automatically abort after 15 minutes from the time Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown was entered.
The HVAC control module will return to normal operation or may indicate unsuccessful Calibration Diagnostics or Cooldown test by LED's flashing simultaneously

Quick Reply: instrument panel lights flashing!!!