Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

05 caravan in park "not in park" wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 AM
iamfasterthenyou
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 caravan in park "not in park" wont start

My wife has an 05 carvan and it left her at work last night it wouldn't start...when I went there was lots of power in the battery and all the fuses were good...turn the key nothing not even try to turn over...some time passed and I finally noticed in the dash the gear selector (the little box) wasnt going into park (over the P) but the gear itself was actually in park...using the shifter I noticed that the box also did not appear around the Neutral aswell and the power pedals and the power door wouldnt work either...any help is greatly appreciated...

Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 AM
iamfasterthenyou
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K. upon reading some of the older posts it looks like it could be the park neutral safety switch...sound right??? Sooo next question how hard is that to change...I am a motorcycle mechanic and have worked on many carsaswell so I am not afraid to tackle this sme guidance from the masses would be great though....thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Try this first, disconnect the shifter cable from the trans. Move the level into park and try to start. If the engine starts then the cable may need to be adjusted.If it doesn't start, trhe problem could be the TRS and to replace that part the valve body has to come out.

Quick Reply: 05 caravan in park "not in park" wont start