Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Grand Caravan with No Brake or Signal Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
rrocheleau
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Grand Caravan with No Brake or Signal Lights

I have a 2000 Grand Caravan and both the signal and Brake lights dont work. Can someone tell me if the power for the signal lights are fed through the brake light switch? I'm trying to find a schematic for it without success. Bulbs are good as well. Checked the fuse in front fuse box and it seems ok. Also is there perhaps a fuseable link somewhere that feeds the signals?

I have power going to the brake light switch but no other wire gets energized when the brake is pressed. No signal flasher noise when they are one so I'm stummped.

Thanks

Ron

Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

You could have many problem, BCM, brake lite switch, or shorted wires under the carpet. The BCM feeds the combo switch for the turn signals and brake switch. And wires that run under the carpet, goes up the middle of the floor, and branch off to the left and right lamp assy.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:37 AM
rrocheleau
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks I will have a look at that. One thing I was able to do is jump the brake light switch and the brake lights came on so the wires going to the back are ok. I bought a brake light switch so that should at least fix the brake light issue.

Thanks again
Ron

Quick Reply: 2000 Grand Caravan with No Brake or Signal Lights