Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Tank Drain

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 AM
AllanSeagrove
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Tank Drain

Hello everyone, I need help my wife decided to fill her 2007 dodge grand caravan with diesel fuel. Can someone please tell me how to drain the fuel tank on these van's? Also she only drove about 1/2km to our house and then the van shut off so I would guess that I will probably have to replace fuel filter and plugs as well... Any info is much appreicated.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

2 ways. Drop the tank and dump it out. OR..put a charger on the battery, disconnect the fuel line, get a spare relay for the fuel pump, take the cover off of it and energize the fuel pump manually to pump out the fuel.

Now, there is the issue of where you're going to put the fuel after you get it out. Get that worked out before you do it so you won't have fuel stored around. 2 or 3 hours labor at a shop should cover getting it out though if you don't want to mess with it.

You don't need to replace anything, just run a full tank through it with some octane boost afterwards and you'll be golden. You're not the first one who's done this. I do several per year...lol. Well, diesel and E-85.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM
AllanSeagrove

Thanks TNtech for the information much appreciated.... Fuel is out and van is running again..

Old 08-13-2013, 08:23 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

to be honest they should make the pump heads larger on diesel so it caint fit into gas cars to avoid this.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Tank Drain