Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Water leak (PIC) passenger side, Floor. HELP????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 PM
mlejano
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak (PIC) passenger side, Floor. HELP????

I have a water leak on the passenger side/floor of my 2003 Dodge grand caravan. It has been going on for 2 years now. I have lifted up the carpet to take pictures. It is coming from the circle area.

I have no idea what it is and how to fix it. I hear it might me pretty easy to correct.

Would this have anything to do with my air not cooling properly and making a funny sound? I have had it charged twice and 4 weeks later not cooling.

Any sugggestions for mainly the water leak but for the other too???????

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW. THANKS SO MUCH

Attached Thumbnails Water leak (PIC) passenger side, Floor. HELP????-img_8743.jpg  
Old 07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
kev2
Veteran

Sorry I am having no luck attaching files ....check out TSB # 24-001-06 gives info on sealing evap drain leak

charging 2times in 4 weeks....something done wrong or you have a refridgerant leak.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 PM
geefore

try to check your A/C drain it might be clogged with dirty. If not try the rain water drain in your firewall.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:01 PM
ncbill

Water was dripping from the passenger assist handle over the door.

I had earlier replaced the windshield so I took it back to the auto glass place.

It was not the windshield, but rather whatever epoxy Chrysler used to join the top and passenger side sheet metal had cracked under the plastic strip covering the joint.

The auto glass people resealed everything for $30 and now no more leaks when it rains.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 AM
JS54

* * * SIMPLE SOLUTIONS FIRST * * *

After paying a mechanic twice over the years to fix this problem, I finally decided to look into it myself. The answer was here... but the simplest method worked, and it took all of 5 minutes!

Open the hood. Locate the rubber drain hose that is attached, without fasteners, to the pan that sits under hood vents (under the wipers, passenger side, near the firewall). Pull it down, clear it out, put it back. Problem solved! I was prepared with a long brush to clear the hose, but just a quick poke with a screwdriver, and all the rotten debris immediately flushed out by itself.

Simple!

Quick Reply: Water leak (PIC) passenger side, Floor. HELP????