Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

ODD Guage Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
jfw435
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODD Guage Problems

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8 v6 that is giving me fits at times. At times, when you start the vehicle both the tach and speedometer needles go (in unison) from the left to the right and then back to the left. When it is doing this, there are no lights on the dash at all. Once the needles get back to their original position all the dash lights come back on and everything seems to be working fine(speedometer at 0 and the tach is at the correct engine speed). This only happens every once in awhile with no regularity that I am able to develop into pattern. I also have the check engine light on and it gives the code P0406 which is the EGR valve so I will replace that when I get a chance, but I don't think that has anything to do with the guages acting the way they are. Has anybody else experienced anything like this and does anybody have any ideas as towhat would make this happen. The van starts fine and runs like normal. The only thing that I can think of is that the computer is going out but if that is the case I don't think that the van would run correctly and also don't think that the computer would just cut out and then back on only every once in awhile and only when you are starting the van. I would appreciate any ideas or others who have had similiar problems
Thanks

Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
alexfbi77

EGR have nothing to do with your dash board lights or gauges, except Check Engine lights comese on. It's two different things.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
alexfbi77

EGR have nothing to do with your dash board lights or gauges, except Check Engine lights comese on. It's two different things. It's most likly with lighting there is relay under dashboard, it's pain in the but to change.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
jfw435

What is the relay that you are talking about for, or what does it control ? Also, you mention that it is under the dashboard, could you be more specific as to its location ?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
alexfbi77

Never mind, i thought the dash board lights goes off and won't back on. On my friend's van was that either speedo or all gauges lights won't work, if lights work, speedo won't, if speedo works, lights won't. And we did check every thing is possible, so he drop by dealer and ask, dealer told him to re place dash board relay, it's some where under dash board, so everything come back to normal after he did replace that relay. But where exactly, or how isit looks like? i have to ask him. But in your case, i should change speedo, just go to junk yard take one out, and replace, and se what happend

Quick Reply: ODD Guage Problems