Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

hi new hear black smoke is pouring out of my tail pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:59 AM
gumbute
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi new hear black smoke is pouring out of my tail pipe

I have a 98 3.3 dodge caravan the check engine light came on i found out the fan relay was burnt out. I repaced it. Now i have black smoke coming out of my tail pipe and the bad smell of rottin gas. The van runs realy bad and is just eating gas. It stalls and is missing realy bad can any help.thanks

Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
circumventor
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gumbute
I have a 98 3.3 dodge caravan the check engine light came on i found out the fan relay was burnt out. I repaced it. Now i have black smoke coming out of my tail pipe and the bad smell of rottin gas. The van runs realy bad and is just eating gas. It stalls and is missing realy bad can any help.thanks
i think just gessing yalls problem coud be brken flex plate or coud be bad map senser or coudbe a bad oxygin senser or coud be a a bad wire shorted out or a bad computor or maybe a bad coil or bad injecters or bad other stuff. but if yall dont have the rite tools to figgure it out then its all a gessing game

Quick Reply: hi new hear black smoke is pouring out of my tail pipe