Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Where's my jack?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Michelangelo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's my jack?

2000 base model Caravan. The rear hatchback door wont open and it didn't come with an owner's manual.

Where do I find the jack and lug wrench?
I see the spare tire under the rear bumper. Do I need any special tools to pull it down?

Thanks.

PS
Do these things have timing belts or timing chains? If a belt, how when does it need changed?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
92dak5.24x4
Veteran

Well to answer question 1. it's in the back behind the rear seat in the side panel on the driver side. 2. there's a cut out in the carpet in the rear to use the lug wrench to lower the spare.3. you didn't specify what engine you have. some use belts some use chains. a timing belt MUST be changed before it breaks. Some people never change the belt and never have a problem and some people have a failure long before they should.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 AM
circumventor
Banned

if yall can get in the back of the van, thers a hole in the hatch intereor panel to stick yalls finger in and trip the latch then maybe fix it so she can open again

Quick Reply: Where's my jack?