Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Indicator Flasher problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 AM
dburroughs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indicator Flasher problem

Hi Folks
Maybe someone here can help with an electrical issue. I have a 1997 Dodge Caravan and just recently have been having an intermittent problem with my left turn indicator either jamming or not working at all. I already replaced the bulbs at the back , I even switched the right indicator assembly onto the left plug and all the bulbs worked and the indicator was working at the time. Now in order to make the left indicator work when it stops responding I have to put on the hazards for a while having the steering column switch indicating left (down). Once the hazzard switch is shutoff the left indicator starts to work again. Is this the sign of a failing relay? Remember the right indicator is still working just fine, the problem is only with the left one.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Your van has what is called a combo flasher. It two flasher in one. Either find or buy a known good combo flasher and recheck.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
dburroughs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about the module which controls the hazards, daylights, and indicators. Is it a rectangular shape with I think eight prongs and located beneath the driver side dash? Is this combo flasher designed to operate the indicators independent of one another?

Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It has nine pronges, there is one with daytime running lights and one without. It sits right above the row of fuses down by your left foot. It is very common for them to do that, fail just on one side but work the other.

Quick Reply: Indicator Flasher problem