Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 dodge caravan 3.3 coil pack removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
foringa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2002 dodge caravan 3.3 coil pack removal

Hi everyone, my project is to find a big water leak that is somewhere under the ignition coil pack, I start taking the power steering reservoir out but hit a problem, on the screw that mounts to the coil plate I can not get to it looking at it from the front of the van you see the where the screw is in but the head of it is on the back very hard to insert the socket with a long extension and it seems that coil pack and something else is on the way, I have been at alldatadiy.com, and at aotozone and checkers no help there they said it has to be a trick to it.
Also the alldatadiy tells me the steps but no tricks or easy ways out.
This is my only vehicle so if theres someone who could please help me I really apreciate thanks to all.
ford79pu5@aol.com Am leaving my email address because at other forum I just couldnt unlock it ro read it again.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to get to the nut with a 6" extension from the rear. The reservoir is sloted so you just have to loosen it a couple of turns. It is a 10 mil nut.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
There no tricks, There two screw and one 10mm nut. 1st thing you need to do is suck out the p/s fluid, because you'll need to remove the small hose. The 10mm nut is on the back side and all you need to is loosen it. Slide the reservoir out of the way and the rest is easy.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amen!!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 AM
foringa

Thanks guys I will try it first thing in the morning and will post the results.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:37 PM
foringa

Thank you so much guys I got the job done am very surprise on the quik and accurate response from you guys, because my wife has a MB C23 1.8 and am having dificulties with misfire cyl1 and I havent got any good advice in 5 days on the MB world forum.
Once again guys thanks a lot for been so accurate and espscific.
Nice day

Quick Reply: 2002 dodge caravan 3.3 coil pack removal