Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Infinity amp and new head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:43 PM
2002caravan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first instructions were from crutchfield. This guy followed the instructions but it didn't work but he did get it figured out. I hope you can understand his instructions.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Need_wirin...o_amp_location

Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 PM
pgillpro

sorry it's been a while, finally had time to test the theories, now there are two extra plastic connectors besides the speaker connectors that were plugged in to the infinity head, I took the one connector that had a single black/green wire and connected it to the ground strap along with the ground from the new head unit and my front infinity speakers started working! the other connector from the head unit had two wires going to it, one purple and one white/black, should i connect those to the ground as well in hopes of getting the rear speakers?

on a side note, the past two times i've worked on this i've disconnected my battery and the yellow fuse before working but it has put my van in anti theft mode so it wont stay running, it will crank but die, last time i let it sit for a while then activated the panic button and turned it off and it started up fine, any ideas?
thanks again!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
pgillpro

bump, any thoughts guys? thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
2002caravan
Professional

human beatbox

Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM
jimjayhawk
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So where is the flipping AMP?

Originally Posted by 2002caravan
I have heard of this in the past. It has something to do with a missing wire that is needed to energize the amplifier. It may not be a comparability issue. The amp is just not being turned on.
We replaced the fuse module in my 2000 Caravan sport... now the radio powers up with no sound... Wondering where the amp is so we can verify that it
1. has power
2. is working

Any solutions?
But especially, WHERE IS THE AMP?????

Old 02-05-2011, 10:02 PM
jimjayhawk

But where is the amp?

The following users liked this post:
ShineHigh247 (11-26-2023)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
22DODGE22

The speakers are amped. There can be 6 total connectors at the radio.
Grey with like 6 wires,
black with 5 wires (approximate guess as to exact quantity).
a small white connector with 2 wires (do NOT connect to anything with aftermarket radio this is for the CCD bus which would allow steering wheel controls.
Then a ground strap,
the antenna
and finally a single wire black connector (dark blue from memory). This single wire grounds the Infinity relay.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
jimjayhawk

It doesn't appear that we are getting voltage to the amps after replacing the fuse relay module under the dash... Think that there is a missing relay or fuse, but all the fuses appear good... My tech is throwing in the towel and sending me back to the mechanic who was clueless in the first place... Is there a schematic somewhere that might lead us to an answer?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jimjayhawk
My tech is throwing in the towel and sending me back to the mechanic who was clueless in the first place
Quitter

There is a speaker relay powered by fuse #7 20A.

That thing is called a Junction Block btw. 2nd relay from the left--bottom row. 7th fuse from the left

There are four audio systems offered on this vehicle. The base systems use four speakers. The optional systems have eight speakers, power amplifiers at the speakers, name brand speaker relay, and a radio choke.

Last edited by TNtech; 02-19-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM
22DODGE22

Originally Posted by jimjayhawk
It doesn't appear that we are getting voltage to the amps after replacing the fuse relay module under the dash... Think that there is a missing relay or fuse, but all the fuses appear good... My tech is throwing in the towel and sending me back to the mechanic who was clueless in the first place... Is there a schematic somewhere that might lead us to an answer?
Is the single wire at the back of the head unit grounded? It's like a dark green or dark blue. A lot of people miss this wire when putting in aftermarket units and then there's no power to the amped speakers. This lone wire grounds the amp relay.

Quick Reply: Infinity amp and new head unit?