Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 caravan problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Bluestreak95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 caravan problems

i got a 96 caravan 3.0L...i noticed the front left headlight bulb was burnt so i replaced it and now BOTH my dims r so not bright my side marker lights r brighter than then n i cant see nothign with them on at night forcing me to drive with my brights...i replaced the MFS so now im at a loss on this problem...

My next problem is the wipers...ill jump in the van and drive away turn the wipers on n theyt work fin. ill shut the van off come back start the van and turn the wipers on and nothing....no front or rear wipers....i checked the fuses and they r all good....so AGAIN i replaced the MFS....nope still dose it from time to time....annoying.....

Please help fellow caravniens!

P.S also was having the problem with the serpentine belt slipping off...found the fix is a goodyear field repair kit that replaces the tensioner, idler and belt with one that has grooves on both sides....MUCH better havent had a problem since....part number goodyear-49204K

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Was the lites working fine until you replace the bulb? You could have the wrong bulb, that could be causing the problem. On the wipers. Ck the IOD fuse at the top of the PDC. Your mfs runs thru the BCM and that could also the same type of problem. Have the BCM ck for stored codes.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Bluestreak95

well the thing is about the bulbs is i only replaced one....the front left side...would having one of the wrong bulbs installed make the other one not work properly also?and yes they worked fine had dims and highs b 4 i replaced BUT since i bought the van it always had the headlight indicator on weather u had dims or brights on still does but before the bulb was replaced the headlight indicator light used to go kinda dim when u dimed now it stays bright constantly.... the IOD fuse is fine.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Try cking the your ground wires. Your wiper problem maybe the BCM, Which also controls your headlamps and side marker lites too.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Bluestreak95

ok thanks will do just one more question where would i find the grounds for the headlights? just that i have tried to look for them before with no avail

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Should be on each side of the fenders.Under the hood.

Quick Reply: 96 caravan problems