Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1999 Driver Seat Belt Buckle

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM
savo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Driver Seat Belt Buckle

Has anyone had problems with their drivers side seat belt not staying buckled? Even though I tug on the belt it feels latched. But 5 - 10 min later, the belt is unlatched. Any thoughts?

It stays if I plug it into the passenger side latch.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I can't say i have. I did ck for TSB's and there are none. You may need to replace the buckle assy. You may want to call the dealer and find out if there can still get them. For your safety i would buy the buckle assy thru mopar and no one else.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 AM
2002ACRNEON
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Two thoughts (opinions) - (1) worn mechanism or (2) dirty mechanism.

Using the passenger buckle was a good diagnositic check - works there so the driver's seat belt (tongue ?) should be good, leaving the buckle itself suspect.

Does the driver's release button function the same [force required to depress for release? With no belt installed, do both buttons release the same (snap back) way?].

If the driver's behaves differently than the passengers (front or all), some dirt may have gotten into the driver's mechanism. If you would try to clean it, make sure it does function correctly afterwards.

If it is worn, make sure you get a good OEM replacement. Let us know the outcome.

Last edited by 2002ACRNEON; 03-16-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: wrong word

Quick Reply: 1999 Driver Seat Belt Buckle