Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Please Help! P0725 "Speed Input Circuit Malfunction"

Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 AM
DrZOOM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Vladhead.

I`m hoping that what happened to me is a fluke. Maybe thats why my goop was stuck to the TCU cover instead of back on the repair. A forgot to put back situation. But I really dought it
But,... According to my buddy that rebuilds at Blue Streak, they find alot of allready rebuilt computers buy others on their shelves. THey open them up and low and behold, new chips, epromms, and all kinds of other motherboard parts completely exposed and uncovered. Parts for these rebuilds are in the pennies. Costs for the proper gels to re encapsulate and finish the job right for life. Starts at $120-$130 to cover a 1x1.5" epromm 1.5" high with encapsulation gel properly.

When a small outfit rebuilder has a pile thats a mile hight lifetime warranties. They just dont seem to care about putting back the proper encapsulation gel costs versus warranty inventory
I hope the lesson I was able to learn here is ASK your rebuilder about everything. Now with these posts, Hopefully more people that didnt know what to ask about before, can ask now.

Top couple of tips to come away from all this mess:
-Ask Rebuilder, is repaired section re-encapsulated with new or reused gel? If reuses old gel. Make sure to get some gel and verify yourself it to be from Dow Corning self healing dielectric potting gel.
-order at Dodge dealer if still possible, 3 new nutserts and 3 new computer hold down bolts. Originals might be pretty rusty. Or be prepaired with re-attatchment options.
-Its a boxed frame. Not much room or access for bolts in behind.
Make sure you are prepped to reattach TCU securely.
M6X60mmLong Need new nuts or modify factory with drill and tap.
M4X60mmLong if Nutserts are all good might work too.
Maybe 3X M6 nuts might be able to be intalled through old nutsert hold. Predrill, use a strong Loctite to hold the new M6 Nut behind new hold.

Good luck with all.

If your going through something really bad with this or need some specific help, I would be glad to try and help. Email me here.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Jeff Graham
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys have had the p0725 and p0700 replaced input output crank sensor pcm tcm cost me a ton!! It turned out it was the eatx safety relay !!! My altanator was making a ton of noise and it would make my speedo jump up to 30k when I put it in drive. Think this is the reason my the relay screwed up. Replace this relay befor you spend 1000$ on things you don't need

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Help! P0725 "Speed Input Circuit Malfunction"